Click on the labels above image to see the steps of reconstruction.


Using the photorealistic rendering capabilities of Adobe Photoshop 4.0, step by step I sampled the colors and with delicate airbrush work I corrected the cracks on the surface of the animal's body. Using bluring effect I managed to remove smaller damage. Playing with contrast, saturation and different image properties allowed me to achieve the effect as close to the original as possible.
Since the floor layer of the object had most damage, instead of correcting it, I have decided to clone the existant parts and to fill the damaged areas with it. I had to bare in mind to select different sources from all around the picture, to avoid the repetitions and unpleasant artifficial look it might give.